Oak Meadow was founded by a group of parents and teachers seeking to reignite their children’s spark for learning. Believing that children are sensitive and intelligent and that learning can be joyfully integrated into life, their approach was progressive, compassionate, and child-centered. (Read more about Oak Meadow’s founder and history.)
These ideals hold true at Oak Meadow today. They are reflected in our intentionally designed curriculum and by our teachers and staff who are passionate about bringing learning to life and life to learning.
- We are a fully accredited distance learning school that meets strict professional, academic standards.
- Our curriculum is print-based by design to reinforce solid reading comprehension and study skills. Technology is thoughtfully integrated through the grade levels.
- Our distinguished faculty meets regularly to discuss student progress, develop new courses, and explore current issues and trends in distance learning.
- Friendly, experienced educational counselors support your homeschooling journey every step of the way, whether you are enrolled or use the curriculum on your own.
- Since 1975, tens of thousands of families have used Oak Meadow independently. We enroll up to 600 students each year, and they have come from every U.S. state and from 59 countries.