For students planning to graduate high school with Oak Meadow, we require a distribution of academic subjects that provides a comprehensive education and a well-rounded transcript for college entrance requirements.
- Seniors transferring to Oak Meadow for their final year must enroll in a minimum of three credits to be eligible to receive an Oak Meadow diploma.
- Fully enrolled juniors who re-enroll for their final year must take at least two Oak Meadow credits to receive a diploma.
- Students must take at least three credits per year to be considered fully enrolled.
- Students who wish to receive a high school diploma from Oak Meadow must complete a minimum number of credits as noted in the chart below.
- If you plan to apply to college, include college entrance requirements in your academic planning process.
|Mathematics||3 credits (4 recommended)|
|Social Studies||4 credits|
|Science||3 credits (4 recommended)|
|Fine Arts||1 credit|
|World Language||2 credits|
|Advanced Study||0.5 credit|
Suggested course schedule
The minimum requirement for graduation from Oak Meadow High School is 22 credits, but please note that our college-bound students typically graduate with 24-26 credits. These additional credits can include AP courses, computer technology courses, additional core courses, or electives in other areas of interest.
|Grade 9||Grade 10|
|World Geography||1 credit||World History||1 credit|
|Environmental Science||1 credit||Biology with Lab||1.5 credits|
|Intro to Lit & Comp||1 credit||Literature & Composition II||1 credit|
|Algebra I||1 credit||Geometry||1 credit|
|1 credit||Language/Elective||1 credit|
|Fitness/PE||.25 credit||Fitness/PE||.25 credit|
|Grade 11||Grade 12|
|Chemistry with Lab||1.5 credits||Social Studies elective||1 credit|
|American Literature||1 credit||Integrated Health & Fitness||1.5 credits|
|Algebra II||1 credit||World Literature||1 credit|
|1 credit||Advanced Study Program||0.5 credit|
|Language/Elective||1 credit||Language/Elective||1 credit|
|Fitness/PE||0.5 credit||Fitness/PE||0.5 credit|
- Upon enrollment your will receive an Oak Meadow Student Handbook outlining graduation requirements and policies.
- Students who intend to enroll in college should plan to use some of their electives to fulfill the specific requirements for college entrance. We highly recommend that college-bound students take three years of a world language.
- Oak Meadow requires three credits of math for graduation; however, we recommend that college-bound students carefully review the math requirements for each college program being considered.
- Students wishing to graduate from Oak Meadow must be full-time students for both semesters of their senior year.
- To be considered full time, at least three full credits must be taken per school year.
- Oak Meadow accepts credits from other accredited high school and college programs. For example, credits earned from local high schools or community colleges, or other accredited distance-learning schools, can be used to satisfy Oak Meadow graduation requirements.
- Oak Meadow offers Advanced Placement course through CYTOnline. These online courses can be taken for Oak Meadow credit and will prepare students for the College Board AP exams.
- Also through CTYOnline, we offer a range of online computer technology courses that can be taken for elective credit.