For students planning to graduate high school with Oak Meadow, we require a distribution of academic subjects that provides a comprehensive education and a well-rounded transcript for college entrance requirements.
- Students wishing to graduate from Oak Meadow must be a full-time student for both semesters of their senior year.
- Seniors transferring to Oak Meadow for their final year must enroll in a minimum of three credits to be eligible to receive an Oak Meadow diploma.
- Students must take at least three credits per year to be considered fully enrolled.
- Students who wish to receive a high school diploma from Oak Meadow must complete a minimum number of credits as noted in the chart below.
- If you plan to apply to college, include college entrance requirements in your academic planning process.
|Mathematics||3 credits (4 recommended)|
|Social Studies||4 credits|
|Science||3 credits (4 recommended)|
|Fine Arts||1 credit|
|World Language||2 credits|
|Advanced Study||0.5 credit|
Suggested course schedule*
The minimum requirement for graduation from Oak Meadow High School is 22 credits, but please note that our college-bound students typically graduate with 24-26 credits. These additional credits can include AP courses, computer technology courses, additional core courses, or electives in other areas of interest. See individual course descriptions for more information about content and course progression, or send questions to email@example.com. *Please note: This is a SUGGESTED schedule; additional courses are available to choose from.
|Grade 9||Grade 10|
|U.S. History||1 credit||World History||1 credit|
|Environmental Science||1 credit||Biology with Lab||1.5 credits|
|Composition or Hero’s Journey||1 credit||Literature & Composition II||1 credit|
|Algebra I||1 credit||Geometry||1 credit|
|1 credit||Language/Elective||1 credit|
|Fitness/PE||.25 credit||Fitness/PE||.25 credit|
|Grade 11||Grade 12|
|World Geography||1 credit||Religions of the World||1 credit|
|Chemistry with Lab||1.5 credit||Integrated Health & Fitness||1.5 credits|
|American Literature||1 credit||British Literature||1 credit|
|Algebra II||1 credit||Adv Math (Pre-Calculus)||1 credit|
|Language/Elective||1 credit||Advanced Study Program||0.5 credit|
|Fitness/PE||0.5 credit||Fitness/PE||0.5 credit|
- Upon enrollment your will receive an Oak Meadow Student Handbook outlining graduation requirements and policies.
- Students who intend to enroll in college should plan to use some of their electives to fulfill the specific requirements for college entrance. We highly recommend that college-bound students take three years of a world language.
- Oak Meadow requires three credits of math for graduation; however, we recommend that college-bound students carefully review the math requirements for each college program being considered.
- Oak Meadow accepts credits from other accredited high school and college programs. For example, credits earned from local high schools or community colleges, or other accredited distance-learning schools, can be used to satisfy Oak Meadow graduation requirements.
- Oak Meadow recommends CYTOnline (Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth) for Advanced Placement and technology courses. These online courses can be taken for Oak Meadow credit and will prepare students for the College Board AP exams. Visit CTYOnline for information and to register.