For students planning to graduate high school with Oak Meadow, we require a distribution of academic subjects that provides a comprehensive education and a well-rounded transcript for college entrance requirements.
- Seniors transferring to Oak Meadow for their final year must enroll in a minimum of three credits to be eligible to receive an Oak Meadow diploma.
- Students must take at least three credits per year to be considered fully enrolled.
- Students who wish to receive a high school diploma from Oak Meadow must complete a minimum number of credits as noted in the chart below.
- If you plan to apply to college, include college entrance requirements in your academic planning process.
|Mathematics||3 credits (4 recommended)|
|Social Studies||4 credits|
|Science||3 credits (4 recommended)|
|Fine Arts||1 credit|
|World Language||2 credits|
|Advanced Study||0.5 credit|
Suggested course schedule
The minimum requirement for graduation from Oak Meadow High School is 22 credits, but please note that our college-bound students typically graduate with 24-26 credits. These additional credits can include AP courses, computer technology courses, additional core courses, or electives in other areas of interest.
|Grade 9||Grade 10|
|World Geography||1 credit||World History||1 credit|
|Environmental Science||1 credit||Biology with Lab||1.5 credits|
|Intro to Lit & Comp||1 credit||Literature & Composition II||1 credit|
|Algebra I||1 credit||Geometry||1 credit|
|1 credit||Language/Elective||1 credit|
|Fitness/PE||.25 credit||Fitness/PE||.25 credit|
|Grade 11||Grade 12|
|Chemistry with Lab||1.5 credits||Social Studies elective||1 credit|
|American Literature||1 credit||Integrated Health & Fitness||1.5 credits|
|Algebra II||1 credit||World Literature||1 credit|
|1 credit||Advanced Study Program||0.5 credit|
|Language/Elective||1 credit||Language/Elective||1 credit|
|Fitness/PE||0.5 credit||Fitness/PE||0.5 credit|
- Upon enrollment your will receive an Oak Meadow Student Handbook outlining graduation requirements and policies.
- Students who intend to enroll in college should plan to use some of their electives to fulfill the specific requirements for college entrance. We highly recommend that college-bound students take three years of a world language.
- Oak Meadow requires three credits of math for graduation; however, we recommend that college-bound students carefully review the math requirements for each college program being considered.
- Students wishing to graduate from Oak Meadow must be full-time students for both semesters of their senior year.
- To be considered full time, at least three full credits must be taken per school year.
- Oak Meadow accepts credits from other accredited high school and college programs. For example, credits earned from local high schools or community colleges, or other accredited distance-learning schools, can be used to satisfy Oak Meadow graduation requirements.
- Oak Meadow recommends CYTOnline (Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth) for Advanced Placement and technology courses. These online courses can be taken for Oak Meadow credit and will prepare students for the College Board AP exams. Visit CTYOnline for information and to register.