Oak Meadow is a homeschooling curriculum publisher and a distance learning school with over 600 students enrolled worldwide in grades K -12. We seek resourceful, dynamic individuals to join our talented, inclusive group of educational professionals in supporting Oak Meadow’s growing community of distance learning families.
Our staff and faculty are deeply committed to providing an engaging, personalized education for our students. Staff members work in our Brooks House headquarters in downtown Bratteboro and in our open and sunny converted warehouse space in the Cotton Mill building. Faculty members work from home, and they come to Brattleboro once-a-month for faculty meetings devoted to the sharing and cultivation of best practices in distance learning.
Before applying for any positions, we recommend reading the educational philosophy behind our award-winning curriculum and our unique distance learning model (Oak Meadow was the first distance program to earn accreditation by the prestigious New England Association of Schools and Colleges). You might also want to meet our K-8 and High School faculty, read the latest issue of our educational journal, Living Education, and browse our bookstore to familiarize yourself with our curriculum.
To apply, please send a letter of interest with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, be sure to tell us how your experience could support the Oak Meadow mission.
The Publications Manager is in charge of updating, maintaining, and organizing publication files for over 120 publications. Working closely with the director of curriculum development, marketing director, and shipping manager, the publications manager transfers files between different formats (Word, InDesign, and Adobe PDF), makes changes to text and images, and exports files for printing. This is a part-time (20 hours a week), onsite position.
- Meticulous file management skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to set realistic deadlines and keep projects on track
- Experience in Basecamp and Sugar Sync for project and file management
- Experience with InDesign and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in publishing
Essential Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Construct and modify files that have originated in source applications such as InDesign and Acrobat as well as incorporate materials from other applications
- Prepare files for printer and manage files on printer server
- Coordinate with printer on publication specifications, pricing, bindings, file management, and other issues related to printing
- Manage printing and post-production phases including keeping other members of the production team updated on the progress of each project
- Prepare digital proofs with bookmarking
- Reformat publications for different purposes (e.g. stand-alone sales)
- Work with the production team to design new products and research vendors of product materials
- Update content and correct issues such as font and color inconsistencies, object overlap, and formatting changes related to covers and bindings
- Establish and maintain versioning control and file labeling to differentiate between multiple editions of a text
Join our fun, creative team! We’re looking for an energetic, imaginative designer who can absorb, yet revitalize, Oak Meadow’s traditional look, feel, and sense of wonder to create a wide array of promotional print and digital projects. This is a part-time (20 hours/week) onsite position, with the potential for remote hours. Talented entry-level designers are encouraged to apply.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of staff and product vendors
- Keeps abreast of current trends in design and publications, with special attention to digital and social media influences, tools, and techniques
- A positive attitude and team player a must!
Key Competencies and Essential Job Tasks
- Consistent implementation of Oak Meadow’s new branding artwork and visual ID across all design projects
- Creative design of print and digital marketing materials including catalogs, educational journal, curriculum book covers, pamphlets, flyers, infographics, stationery, SWAG, etc.
- UI graphics for websites, email campaigns, landing pages, mobile apps, social media, etc.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Knowledge of the e-commerce platform Shopify a plus, but not required
Part-Time High School Physics Teacher (PBL)
Are you on a mission to become an educational game changer? We are looking for truly dynamic, innovative, educational thought leaders and teachers to join our science faculty. We are in the midst of an exciting endeavor to reimagine our educational approach in order to push the envelope of project-based learning and its power to connect students to the important social and cultural issues of our time (for reference: What is Project-Based Learning? and 5 Keys to Rigorous Project-Based Learning). If you are a highly creative educator with a drive to foster a new generation of progressive thinkers, we would love to hear from you.
- Master’s degree and three years classroom teaching experience
- Advanced experience implementing Project-Based Learning
- Experience working with gifted, self motivated students
- Preference given to candidates who live close enough to Brattleboro, VT to be able to attend monthly meetings.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Dedication to the education field
- Knowledge or willingness to learn and use online, collaborative tools to facilitate student engagement
- Experience with the Google platforms
- Quick learner
- Willingness to collaborate on interdisciplinary projects
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Oak Meadow provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Oak Meadow complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Oak Meadow expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.