Oak Meadow is a homeschooling curriculum publisher and a distance learning school with over 600 students enrolled worldwide in grades K -12. We seek resourceful, dynamic individuals to join our talented, inclusive group of educational professionals in supporting Oak Meadow’s growing community of homeschooling families from around the world.
Our staff and faculty are deeply committed to providing an engaging, personalized education for our students. Staff members work in our Brooks House headquarters in downtown Bratteboro and in our open and sunny converted warehouse space in the Cotton Mill building. Faculty members work from home, and they come to Brattleboro once a month for faculty meetings devoted to sharing and cultivation of best practices in distance learning.
Before applying for any positions, we recommend reading the educational philosophy behind our award-winning curriculum and our unique distance learning model. You might also want to meet our K-8 and High School faculty, read the latest issue of our educational journal, Living Education, and browse our bookstore to familiarize yourself with our impact in the educational field.
To request additional information, please send a letter of interest with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, be sure to tell us how your experience could support the Oak Meadow mission.
K8 Program Director
Oak Meadow Curriculum and School in Brattleboro, Vermont, a homeschooling curriculum publisher and a distance learning school with over 600 students enrolled in grades K-12 seeks a full-time, resourceful, motivated individual to lead our K8 faculty and curriculum development team. A commitment to the education field and a strong desire to work in a friendly, team oriented organization are essential. This is a full time, on site position.
- 3+ years classroom teaching experience
- Administrative experience preferred
- Advanced degree in education, education leadership, or related field
- Independent school experience a plus
- Interest in innovative educational models a must
- Awareness of and responsiveness to the needs of families
- Ability to take the initiative and manage multiple projects
- Willingness to help maintain a professional, community friendly, supportive atmosphere
- High competency with digital education platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail and ability to follow a project through to completion
- Ability to handle confidential issues with discretion
Essential Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- co-facilitate faculty meetings
- recruit and develop faculty
- further develop teacher review process
- manage teacher/student ratios
- review mid-semester and final narrative evaluations
- interpret and uphold school policies for students, faculty, and staff
- address disciplinary issues
- facilitate partnerships with other schools
- support development of new partnerships with schools and organizations
- represent OM at conferences and fairs
- support curricula/program development
- foster alumni relations
- assist in the revision of promotional materials
- manage the revision of the Student Handbook and Faculty handbook
- review Learning Plan applications and create LP’s for students
- teach small number of students in grades K-8
Seeking PBL Distance Learning High School Teacher:
Are you on a mission to become an educational game changer? We are looking for truly dynamic, innovative, educational thought leaders and teachers to join the Science faculty at Oak Meadow High School. We are in the midst of an exciting endeavor to reimagine our educational approach in order to push the envelope of project based learning (https://www.bie.org/about/
Our rigorous private independent distance learning school is the only distance program to earn accreditation by the prestigious New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Student engagement is designed in the spirit of the Harkness table,with the goal of challenging students to be engaged citizens of the world. We expect our students to leave Oak Meadow as free thinkers who are empowered to critically reflect on their world, a mindset that allow them to be active decision-makers who help shape their community rather than falling into prescribed notions and career trajectories.
- Master’s degree and 3 years classroom teaching experience
- Advanced experience implementing Project Based Learning Experience working with gifted, self motivated students
- Faculty must live within regional proximity to Brattleboro VT and be able to convene for monthly meetings.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Dedication to the educational field
- Knowledge or willingness to learn and use online, collaborative tools to facilitate student engagement
- Experience with the Google platform
- Quick learner
- Willingness to collaborate on interdisciplinary projects
If you are interested in applying for this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV with a cover letter detailing your experience with PBL to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Full time teaching positions pay $50k.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Oak Meadow provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Oak Meadow complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Oak Meadow expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.