Oak Meadow is a homeschooling curriculum publisher and a distance learning school with over 600 students enrolled worldwide in grades K -12. We seek resourceful, dynamic individuals to join our talented, inclusive group of educational professionals in supporting Oak Meadow’s growing community of homeschooling families from around the world.
Our staff and faculty are deeply committed to providing an engaging, personalized education for our students. Staff members work in our Brooks House headquarters in downtown Bratteboro and in our open and sunny converted warehouse space in the Cotton Mill building. Faculty members work from home, and they come to Brattleboro once a month for faculty meetings devoted to sharing and cultivation of best practices in distance learning.
Before applying for any positions, we recommend reading the educational philosophy behind our award-winning curriculum and our unique distance learning model. You might also want to meet our K-8 and High School faculty, read the latest issue of our educational journal, Living Education, and browse our bookstore to familiarize yourself with our impact in the educational field.
To request additional information, please send a letter of interest with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, be sure to tell us how your experience could support the Oak Meadow mission.
Community Relations Specialist
Oak Meadow seeks a Community Relations Specialist to greet and redirect customers on the phone and in the office, support the in-office staff, and oversee social media platforms to meet our digital marketing and storytelling goals. A commitment to the education field and a strong desire to work in a friendly, team oriented organization are essential. This is a 30-hour per week, on site/in-office position.
Social Media Platforms Include
- Resource trawling: articles, ideas, etc
- Monitor discussions
- Counsel families via FB
- Answer FB posts & queries
- Manage giveaways
- Pin resources from other sites as well as our own
- Share/promote/cross-pollinate pins and boards on FB and blogs
- Ensure that there are pinnable images on all our web pages, blog posts, etc
- Keep boards clean and up to date
- Further develop OM Instagram account
- Add appropriate videos to OM channels
- Put together slideshow movies and upload to Vimeo and Facebook
- Develop ideas and content for In the Meadow meta-blog
- Write, edit, and publish twice-weekly posts
- Work with K-8 teachers to develop K-4 and 5-8 blogs
- Create resources (screencasts, tutorials, etc.) for blog publishing
- Develop threads for Living Education journal articles, blog posts, etc.
- Develop partnerships in the cyberhood for cross-promotion possibilities
- Be part of our editing team: Living Education journal, e-blasts
- Organize testimonials, reviews, and other resources for educational counselors and for marketing purposes
- Recommend social media sites with potential for marketing opportunities (collaboration/advertising/sponsorship) to marketing director
- First on phones and direct calls to the appropriate department
- Greet visitors
- Manage conference room schedule and rentals
- Support events
- Some light administrative tasks (voicemail dissemination, copy machine support, tech support for webinars, etc.)
- Professional, creative team player
- Innovative and flexible systems-thinker
- Motivated; consistently takes initiative to maintain and design efficient, accurate systems
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Extensive familiarity with and use of an array of social media platforms
- Dedicated to teaching and learning
- Keen interest in education
- Enjoys working with families, especially ones needing educational guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and willingness to use online, collaborative tools
- Experience with the Google platform and student databases
- Copy machine experience
- Quick learner, team player
- Flexible and nimble
- Highly organized
If you are interested in joining a vibrant team in a beautiful, light filled downtown location please send your resume with a cover letter detailing your experience to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
K-8 Program Director
Oak Meadow seeks a full-time, resourceful, motivated individual to lead our K-8 faculty and curriculum development team. A commitment to the education field and a strong desire to work in a friendly, team oriented organization are essential. This is a full time, on site position.
- 3+ years classroom teaching experience
- Administrative experience preferred
- Advanced degree in education, education leadership, or related field
- Independent school experience a plus
- Interest in innovative educational models a must
- Awareness of and responsiveness to the needs of families
- Ability to take the initiative and manage multiple projects
- Willingness to help maintain a professional, community friendly, supportive atmosphere
- High competency with digital education platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail and ability to follow a project through to completion
- Ability to handle confidential issues with discretion
Essential Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Co-facilitate faculty meetings
- Recruit and develop faculty
- Further develop teacher review process
- Manage teacher/student ratios
- Review mid-semester and final narrative evaluations
- Interpret and uphold school policies for students, faculty, and staff
- Address disciplinary issues
- Facilitate partnerships with other schools
- Support development of new partnerships with schools and organizations
- Represent OM at conferences and fairs
- Support curricula/program development
- Foster alumni relations
- Assist in the revision of promotional materials
- Manage the revision of the Student Handbook and Faculty Handbook
- Review Learning Plan applications and create LP’s for students
- Teach small number of students in grades K-8
If you are interested in applying for this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV with a cover letter detailing your experience in education leadership to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
PBL Distance Learning High School Teacher
Are you on a mission to become an educational game changer? We are looking for truly dynamic, innovative, educational thought leaders and teachers to join the Science faculty at Oak Meadow High School. We are in the midst of an exciting endeavor to reimagine our educational approach in order to push the envelope of project based learning (https://www.bie.org/about/
Our rigorous private independent distance learning school is the only distance program to earn accreditation from the prestigious New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Student engagement is designed in the spirit of the Harkness table,with the goal of challenging students to be engaged citizens of the world. We expect our students to leave Oak Meadow as free thinkers who are empowered to critically reflect on their world, a mindset that allow them to be active decision-makers who help shape their community rather than falling into prescribed notions and career trajectories.
- Master’s degree and 3 years classroom teaching experience
- Advanced experience implementing Project Based Learning Experience working with gifted, self-motivated students
- Must live within regional proximity to Brattleboro VT and be able to convene for monthly meetings.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Dedication to the educational field
- Knowledge or willingness to learn and use online, collaborative tools to facilitate student engagement
- Experience with the Google platform
- Quick learner
- Willingness to collaborate on interdisciplinary projects
If you are interested in applying for this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV with a cover letter detailing your experience with PBL to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Full time teaching positions pay $50k.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Oak Meadow provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Oak Meadow complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Oak Meadow expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.